Recommended Reading for Leaders:
- The First-Time Manager Belker/McCormick/Topchik
- The Servant: A simple story about the essence of Leadership James C. Hunter
- Give and Take Adam Grant
- The Cherry On Top Steve Gilliland
- Creating We Judith E. Glaser
- To Sell is Human: The surprising truth about moving others Daniel Pink
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Steven R. Covey
- It Worked for Me: Life in Leadership Colin Powell
- Sailing True North: The Voyage of Character Admiral James Starvidis
- Conversational Intelligence Judith E Glaser
Reading Can Make You A Better Leader!
“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” Margaret Fuller
Learning comes through many approaches; you learn from your experiences, from formal training, and from the written word. I have learned much from those authors who took the time to publish their leadership knowledge and experiences.
Most of these books are ageless and contain leadership ideas that are as viable today as they were when they were first published. Libraries and Used Book Stores (even on-line) make these books accessible for even the most modest budget.